Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
I am looking to change the everflex top my 91 spur this winter.
anyone out there done this them selfs before?
where to get material and window seals?
thanks 4 any input.
paul

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ordered some everflex from the uk but shade is a little off, its close enough so ill use it.
I also got front and rear window seals but no one here can sew the pieces together for me so I'm stuck not sure what to do.
this is a project I have never attempted hope it works out.

paul

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have installed vinyl roofs on cars in the 70's. it takes two people. You must have a clean surface to start with. I'm not familiar with Everflex, but I don't think it needs to be sown. It will need to be cut to shape. Remove the old top, clean surface, test fit, Spray glue on both surfaces, lay down craft paper between top and roof. Then slowly work your way from back to front and side to side, removing the craft paper as you go. At least that's how we did it back then.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello all
I finally put a new ever flex top on my car took 3 months to find someone to do stitching and the only person in this neck of the woods that has experience with vinyl top did not what to go near it because its a rolls.
I ended up installing it my self got a few wrinkles and bumpy spots on it but better then it was.
now on to my next project leaky rear damper.

keep it roll n
paul

·
Registered
756 Posts
Leaky rear damper
One of the guys posted a really easy fix for the damper, you simply remove the shock absorber at the bottom and fit a seal
Try running a search for it on the forum

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts