Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Has anyone looked into tuning the big 6.75 ??
I know it's a big lazy engine and cosworth had a play around but 300+ ponies from a 6.75 turbo is horendous !!!
When I was building the vw golf cup engines the basics was 1bhp per cc
I was building 200+ bhp naturally asperated engines all day
I would expect a lazy turbo of this size to be in the region of 600+
Just a thought 馃槅

Registered
Hi Blue
From what I've seen the if the VW group can only get this for the Mulsanne speed quote" Its 6戮 litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine generates 530 bhp / 395 kW / 537 PS) at 4,000 rpm and 1,100 Nm (811 lb.ft) of torque "
Then thats the best you can get reliably , too high a cam lift and they don't last ,too much boost blows the head gaskets.
Enough for me!
It's the torque not just BHP
ok
Just my opinion ok
Mike

Registered
Earlier 6.75 engines were higher compression. For tuning purposes one must consider air,fuel delivery and exhaust. The exhaust and ex manifolds on these cars (SY+SZ series were not exactly performance oriented and there really isn't space between block and body to fabricate and install. There is a company in the US that tweaks these engines for performance. They are robust since in later cars they were turbo'd etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for the replys
I agree on first impressions it's the breathing thats the problem
Was just wondering if anyone had had a play as an engine that breathes better is more efficient -hence better fuel economy lower emissions etc

Registered
well if you have a lovely VW kinking out 860 N.M.T then you can come and play with my 97 Turbo R
when you have a car that will out drag a Porsche T.T try it some time you mite change your mind

1 - 6 of 6 Posts