Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this kit a few months ago, hoping to get it all fitted this time at home.

Shadow's from the same era as mine only have a coolant warning light, and from reading all the horror stories here and on the Australian forum I wanted something more reliable before I get the car on the road. I looked in to replacing the amp gauge with a temp gauge from an earlier Shadow/Corniche, but then I came across these lads based in Texas online;

I made contact and they sorted out/shipped a kit to me in Scotland no issues. All fitting instructions are present, I would say an easy installation.

Once I install the kit I'll be able to read the following from the Engine stat App on my phone (Available for Apple and Android devices);
Oil Pressure
Engine Block Temp (or you can connect to the transmission)
Radiator Temp
Battery
RPM
Vacuum

Don't really need all of the above - but knowledge is power! I'll be able to set alarms on the App also so I don't have to be constantly monitoring the situation.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else has low confidence in their oil/temp warnings.

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
656 Posts
I fitted a non-standard coolant temperature gauge to my car, using the unused balance switch aperture. Having it makes driving so much more comfortable, being able to glance across and see the temperature is in spec. So I like what you are doing - a real enhancement to the car without changing it's character. I particularly like the ability to set audible alarms. I personally would mount the control unit inside the car - or at least check with the manufacturer that it is designed for the temperatures encountered in the engine bay.

Geoff

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a very good point Geoff, never thought about that!

If I do mount inside the engine bay I'll get confirmation from the make.

Cheers,
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts