Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help? 1989 Bentley eight. Fuseboard F2, fuse number B1.
This fuse keeps blowing. Unable to find out exactly what circuits this fuse protects. The RROC Australia do not seem to have wiring diagrams on their site, or am I just not finding them. Have tried the following:-
-removed ALL relays in cabin and engine bay- still blows
-disconnected ALL electrical connect plugs on both L/H A post, and R/H A post
fuse OK
- have narrowed problem down to L/H A post 18 way connector. If leave this disconnected fuse now OK, but a number of circuits now not working.

Can any one advise what circuits this 18 way connector supplies,and how I may solve problem.
Alan Martin

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Wiring diagrams are a large part of Section 5 in TSD4701 which is available on the RROC-A website.

My guess is that you'll find what you want in that Section or in one of the thirty-one other sections. Section 32 is dedicated to theoretical wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
221 Posts
electrical fault bentley eight

according to rroc australia F2 B1 fuse is wipers if that helps narrow it down
will try amd find more info if i can

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
If it is a wiper motor then your going to have some fun from Bentley if you can get one then sell the Wife and kids
I refused to pay so went on the hunt in the Scrap Yard if you find a Morris Marina Van it is the same they fitted 2 different ones so have a look before you get it
Then you need to change the plug and one wire let me know and I will tell you more if you need it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to you all for your help, however, wipers, door mirrors etc are working fine. as this fuse according to manuals supply these. The RROC Australia TSD 4701 manual, only has 4 pages of theoretical wiring diagram in section 32,-3 pages of descriptive components and only 1 page of a wiring diagram, and this only relates to a speaker system.
Under section 5 of TSD 4701 the wiring diagrams there for this fuse only show the supply circuit to this fuse from ign switch, it does not show where power goes to from fuse, or am I reading diagram wrong.
I am unable to find anywhere the wiring diagram for the 18 pin connector on L/H/A post which seems to be the crux of my problem. Any more thoughts.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I'm sorry that I can't be any help with the connector, per se, but it sounds like you have a dead short to ground in one of the wires.

I'd get an ohmmeter/multimeter and check out each line that goes out of that connector and see what you find. That would at least let you isolate where the actual fault lies (no pun intended).

You may also want to ask this question on the RROC-Australia forums, which are open to the public.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bit late for a reply on this but............how about finding out what doesnt work? :shock: My car has got a list of what all the fuses are for on the fuse box cover.
Odd that you found out that the fuse keeps blowing but havent noticed if anything has stopped working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
alanmartin said:
Thanks to you all for your help, however, wipers, door mirrors etc are working fine. as this fuse according to manuals supply these. The RROC Australia TSD 4701 manual, only has 4 pages of theoretical wiring diagram in section 32,-3 pages of descriptive components and only 1 page of a wiring diagram, and this only relates to a speaker car navigation system.
Under section 5 of TSD 4701 the wiring diagrams there for this fuse only show the supply circuit to this fuse from ign switch, it does not show where power goes to from fuse, or am I reading diagram wrong.
I am unable to find anywhere the wiring diagram for the 18 pin connector on L/H/A post which seems to be the crux of my problem. Any more thoughts.
hello do you still have that wiring diagram. I need it

·
Registered
762 Posts
short circuit locator

when all else fails auto sparkies use a short circuit locator.
One part plugs in to fuse location the other is a dial telling you direction of short.
Been thinking of invetsing in one of these seen it in action it works!

·
Registered
109 Posts
My car is an 86 Bentley 8.

The list inside the fuse box compartment say that B1 on the right habd box is for wiper/washers.

B1 in the left hand box is for Radio,(aerial??) panel lights and Air con Unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts