Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur, Mulsanne Green
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this problem on my car that I have seen others reference. When I shut it down I would get the dreaded “stop lamp” warning light on the information center. All my lights were working and ny brake lights all worked. When I opened it up I found out I had two different kinds of taillight bulbs on one side (where there are two bulbs.). Both had the same base and were mono filiament bulbs but one was larger than the other. I replaced these with two new Phillips 1156 bulbs and now I don’t have that warning light any more. Maybe this will help someone else.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It is a feature ;) . Turning engine off, move gear lever to "P", stop to press brake pedal and then turn-off switch box with the key. IMHO It is caused by fading voltage in the system if you press brake pedal while turning off the ignition.

·
Registered
1999 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur, Mulsanne Green
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a feature ;) . Turning engine off, move gear lever to "P", stop to press brake pedal and then turn-off switch box with the key. IMHO It is caused by fading voltage in the system if you press brake pedal while turning off the ignition.
Yep. It did just that until I replaced those bulbs. Now no longer happening!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts