Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
How light is 'light' ??
I had a PDR (Paintless Dent repair) guy pull a 2" X 1" deep dent out of the front fender lip.
I assume your damage is much worse, but I was frankly amazed at the way the metal moved. No trace of the damage at all.
He showed me videos of pulling massive dents out of hatchbacks and doors (mostly Tesla's for some reason !). Something to consider if panels are hard to find - I've never seen bodywork done like this before.

He did, however, say that Aluminum was much harder to work than steel.....

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car appears to have rear ended another car and went under the bumper so the damage is limited to the grille, right fender and hood. The damage pushed in the fender and hood enough to prevent the hood from opening and the fender rubs as you open the passenger door. There is no damage to the frame rail as it went underneath. It's going to need more than PDR. I expect if repaired, the metal on the fender will need to be heated to be worked back out.

Whoever had it beforehand (either PO or auction) tried to pry on the hood to get it open so it's also bent and will need straightening.

I wish that all it needed was pdr as they seem to be the new panel beaters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts