Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know if anything can be done about the brightness of the panel lights. As in full beam / handbrake etc I swear my is getting dimmer. 馃槀

Registered
I believe, it is normal ;) or voltage stabilizer is already working bad after 30 years...

Anyway, do not install at DIP bulbs brighter than nominal (with higher current)! They will burn up power management IC inside DIP. Maybe LED bulbs is a solution... I'm not sure, I did not test them.

Registered
Mine are very dim too. I would like to install LEDs but I understand that the job of swapping them over is a bit of a faff!

Registered
Have you checked the voltage? Checked the grounds..ie are they clean? No need for brighter bulbs, they will distort the plastic panel.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. Yer I did think of brighter bulbs but thought it鈥檚 very rare bulbs dim to that degree all a once
surely they can鈥檛 have individual bulbs for every single thing??
the LED display is fine.
I have to pull the roll top off the weekend to check something else. I鈥檒l check voltage while it鈥檚 apart

Registered
can鈥檛 have individual bulbs for every single thing?? Yes, they have individual bulbs because each one alerts a fault somewhere.

Registered
BTW the workshop manual explains how to diagnose and more importantly how to take things apart.
Hint, most, if not all facia components are serviced from the front, meaning the top roll does not have to be removed.

Registered
can鈥檛 have individual bulbs for every single thing?? Yes, they have individual bulbs because each one alerts a fault somewhere.
From the year 1990 there are LCD panels that have only three bulbs. One for trip meter and two for the rest of DIP.

Registered
Hi. Yer I did think of brighter bulbs but thought it鈥檚 very rare bulbs dim to that degree all a once
surely they can鈥檛 have individual bulbs for every single thing??
the LED display is fine.
I have to pull the roll top off the weekend to check something else. I鈥檒l check voltage while it鈥檚 apart
Check old discussions from January or December - I post some photos of DIP's internals somewhere.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Ah ok. Can you tell me what the heading was as a search for DIP /DIP PANEL comes up with nothing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts