Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I mind, but on my latest push of the "New" button at the top of the page to reload I'm suddenly showing the site in a dark theme, which is not how it had appeared for as long as I've been using it.

I know that I have touched absolutely nothing in my own settings for ages, so this is a spontaneous appearance.

· Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
When I checked my desktop a half hour ago (Windows XP) the site came up in an enlarged version so big that I could only see a couple words at once on the page. Reloaded just now and it's the same. I opened it on my MacBook Air a half hour ago right after the first time I checked the desktop and it appeared normal, and have just checked again now and it appears completely normal still on the Mac. I have no idea what is wrong.

· Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's what I'm seeing:

Font Screenshot Technology Software Multimedia

· Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Additional data point:

Font Screenshot Technology Software Terrestrial plant

I have not yet tried changing my style and changing it back, but I don't think this is a "Windows thing," per se. Particularly since the "dark theme effect" is limited strictly to RollsRoyceForums.com. I'll report back after tweaking to dark mode then back to light mode.

• Helpful
Reactions: admin

· Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now, after changing Settings to dark mode, then back to light mode:
Photograph Font Screenshot Line Software

All is back to normal.

Jim, in your browser where everything is huge, try hitting CTRL + 0 (that's zero).

• Helpful

· Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only other suggestion I have is signing out, and back in again, then if that doesn't fix it then sign out, clear browser cache (for all time - note - cache and not cookies), then sign in again.

Cache corruption, which happens on occasion, can cause all kinds of weirdness that is otherwise inexplicable.

· Registered
2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II SWB
61 Posts
THANK YOU for the pointer to the profile setting to restore Light Mode. It worked for me here and on the VWVortex site which uses the same forum software.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts