Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I wondered about back when BMW was building the new RR plant in Goodwood: Would any of the experienced leather and wood craftsmen at Crewe jump ship to work for the "new" Rolls-Royce? If you listen closely to the RR representative in the video interview of Michael Fux linked below as he talks about Fux's new red Phantom DHC, you'll hear him mention a wood craftsman who is about to retire. It sounds like he says he's been with them for 40 years--which, of course, is impossible. But he may have been with "Rolls-Royce" for 40 years, with most of that time being at Crewe. Thoughts?

http://www.carlist.com/blog/?p=1283

·
Registered
85 Posts
The day watching the American National Geographic channel, show called Ultimate Factory came on and just happened to be Rolls Royce at Goodwood. Most of the faces seemed young. So wondered the same thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello.
I started at Rolls Royce & Bentley in 1971, I was there at the VW take over and during the sad loss of RR. To the best of my Knowledge the only people who left to Join BMW Rolls Royce, were One CEO, and One Designer. most of the Crewe staff remained loyal to the Crewe Factory, including me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts