Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

Dashboard lower panel illumination

938 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Mmec 
#1 ·
Hello, I need to replace bulbs on lower panel illumination where air con switch is located. I need some help how to remove the lower panel under the steering wheel to access the area that needs bulb replacement. Please see picture attched, thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Also, take a look at the RROC-Australia Tee-One Topics Archive and the Tee-One Topics Master Index File.

I was going to direct you to Chapter S in the Workshop Manual, but even the one that comes from Bentley Heritage seems to be missing the section of Chapter S - Section S12 - that covers this. And it's been my experience that if it does not exist in the versions available from Bentley Heritage it simply was never published. That's the case for sections of a couple of chapters, and not just for the SY series cars.

Reactions: Mmec
#4 ·
The finished surrounds, parking release handle and the bonnet release come off. There is a tie in fastener at each top corner if I remember. Best tools would be 1/4 drive, swivels, extensions BA2 socket. RR is known for making things complicated and their luv for brackets.

Reactions: Mmec
#5 ·
RR is known for making things complicated
You are a master of understatement. Boutique engineering that raises Rube-Goldbergian to new heights!

They also, at least in the SY era, had a tendency to grossly overengineer certain things that would never in a million years break and underengineer other things that should never break. It's not like there are tons of these in every square inch of the cars, but it's enough to be really, really annoying when you have to deal with either situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.