Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
I spent a lot of time on this my 91 spur speed control not working.
changed out ecm no luck. then checked actuator took it apart and tested fine.
had no voltage at pin 13 on c/c ecm so I jumped it and all working fine.
many hours later found micro switch in gear changer bad.
workshop manuals suck they show 9 wires and one relay but in fact 3 relays and lots of wires cant remember how many but green/blue wire not shown.
seems like lots of hidden secrets with RR unless you do brain surgery on them yourself.
will post more later as I need to do tests and changing brake spheres at the same time, cant be testing c/c with no brakes not a good combo.
thanks all
paul

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good work Paul. The cruise control in my '90 Turbo R doesn't work, so I'll be going through it probably this winter. Good luck with the brake spheres. I've done mine recently so fire any questions my way.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Congratulations Paul,

Cruise control are really too complicated for me. Woould not be able to fix it.

You change brake spheres, how many pumps to illuminate the warning lights ?

Jean

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi all
after hours of wire and micro switch tracing finally got cruise control working.
problem was a micro switch in the gear change actuator.
I have a second c/c ecu but its not working tried to repair it but no look maybe the large chip on the board but unable to source one numbers don't jive.
I also changed the two brake spheres one pump would turn warning light on but am now at 54 pumps.
each sphere filled a large tim hortons coffee cup up to 1 and a half inches from the brim.
but a may have a problem all was good for a couple of days but last night when I got home brake fluid level light flashed on for a second, had to add almost full 500ml bottle.
will have to investigate later hopefully I don't have a faulty sphere.
keep on roll n
paul.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Hi Paul,

Good job.
It happen to me, a new reconditionned sphere was faulty...
Hope it's not your case .

Maybe the pressure swith pin is blocked inside.

Jean

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi all
hi yvr I'm close to yxt
kitimat to be exact tims came to town a couple years ago nearest mc dees 65km away.
brake spheres sim to be good pump test is now 66 pumps.
no leaks and brakes feel good, I think maybe the float level indicator was stuck.
keep on roll n
paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts