Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

So, as I wrote earlier, I rebuild original CDL radio control. Module and fob work at 100% on a table. Anyway there are some problems. Inside the car, the CDL module worked only sometimes... I diagnosed, that the cause (or symptom) of problem is a connection to the third stop lamp:

a) When I removed connector to third stop lamp (pin number 10 at plug, pink wire) from the CDL plug, everything started to work as should be. 100% trustworthy.

b) However my car doesn't have third stop lamp... and this pink wire should be connected nowhere, and measurements proved it. On the side of CDL module, looks like pin nr 10 is always connected to the ground.

c) But it is not the only one mystery: In the cable to the CDL module you can find... not connected second pink wire. Isolated with duct tape. Even provided with connector that matching CDL plug. This wire has resistance around 2..4 Ohm to the ground.

So, questions:
1) What the connection from CDL module to stop lamp should do? What is its function?
2) How a wire to not-existent third stop lamp disorganize work of CDL module, if connected to the module?
3) Why there is a second pink wire in the cable?

EDIT: OK. I answered myself. Scroll down if you are interested.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I forgot to add, that it concerns 1990 car.

Now I'm looking at circuit diagram for MY1992 cars. There was slightly another module (really?).

There are two pink wires. One of it is described as "Remote control aerial connector - connected to the high mounted stop lamp housing", and second: "Remote control aerial connector - located in the luggage compartment". Both of them are connected to pin 10 of CDL module.

So, it has some sense. However, I'm not sure, why I have two wires in MY1990, and why connection to one of them makes the system inoperative*.

Anyway, UD71466 has internal antenna... so, actually I will keep both wires disconnected just to see how it will be worked in the wild without external antenna.

*EDIT: It is possible, that new fob is much more powerful than original and received signal is distorted if external antenna is used. Practice will show.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts