Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to conditioning the leather on my '74 and get her looking nice for my Christmas dinner in a few weeks..

Was looking at the different kinds at Pep- Boys today but I didn't buy any.. Does anyone have any recommendations for a brand? Should I use the Rolls Royce Conditioner?

Let me know what you have done in the past..

Please & Thank You

·
Registered
668 Posts
Fred,

I've tried Lexol, but it left the leather a bit sticky for weeks afterwards, which I didn't much like.

Also tried Connolley Hide Food. Didn't think it was great either, but it was so long ago I can't remember why. :(

I've got some AutoGlym now, but I haven't tried it yet. (I've heard that others object to it's chemical smell.) I also mean to try the Z10 product, which supposedly has a strong leather smell.

Jeff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No dispute here but Lexol has been one of my favorites and highly recommended to customers for many years. Never had the sticky problem. Would love to learn something on why it was a bit sticky with any leather project. Preparation and process is the key when using Lexol, AutoGlym or any other leather shampoo and conditioner.
Michael

·
Registered
71 Posts
Vintage RR and others use Leatherique (Rejuv Oil, then Pristine Clean as needed). Have used it in a Ferrari and Bentley with great results. Leatherique is far better than the others mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I concur with Steven. Leatherique is the way to go. However, the leather needs to be warm for true success.
Leho

·
Registered
71 Posts
Agree the leather needs to be warm for true success yet during cold weather this is easily solved. Was discussion this with a few Ferrari owners at our breakfast meeting this morning, and what they do during the cold winter is with the car in the non-heated garage is to place inside the car a small space heater set to low. This heats up the inside of the car. Of course use a normal/safe small space heater (common sense).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leatherique is available on a site called AutoGeek.net.. Anyone ever have any dealing with them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts