Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am stripping my shadow 1 SRH1339 for refurbisment. I have the Chippendale dash, and the lower wood section, the veneer on it appears to be part of the wood dash frame. the front veneer panels and top roll are all off. it appears as if i must remove all instrumentation and wiring to remove it. Any suggestions or ideas?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Do you want to remove the actual mounting board the instruments are mounted in? As you know the veneer panel screw onto the plywood substrate. Why remove the substrate?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Note: Any panel with veneer on it is removable since a veneered panel was added after the assembly of the dash with all instruments installed.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Chapter S of the Workshop Manual (TSD2476), specifically section S10, covers dismantling the dash in very great detail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want to remove the lower veneered panel for recoating. I have gone through Section S10, that does not really help as it tells how to remove the complete structure. As i am tacking the seats out i will be able to crawl under the dash and have a good look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts