Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
4,715 Posts
Just to be clear...the brake pumps are between the reservoir and the accumulators The hose between the reservoir and side of brake pump is gravity fed-hence no pressure. The output on top of the brakepump is a hard line that travels to each accumulator mounted on the side of the engine block.
Hint: You will never see a hose clamp on a high pressure hose.
Now for further clarification, we have this wonderful illustration:

· Registered
4,630 Posts
Agreed that the hard lines that exit the pumps must be able to withstand high pressure, though only when charging is actually occurring. When the ACVs are in "bypass mode" when the accumulators have surpassed cut out and not yet reached cut in for charging pressure, there's not really any pressure of significance involved. But I wasn't even thinking about the hard lines, since hoses were the central topic.

The return hoses from the ACV to the reservoir are also very low pressure.

The only high pressure (as in beyond normal brake hoses) hose in the system is between the ACV and the rest of the system where high pressure fluid is being sent out to the brakes when the brake pedal is depressed, and holding high pressure when the brake pedal is released.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don't really care if high or low. I just can't get the damn thing off. Lol. It's as tight as if it's made for super ultra pressure. Lol. Actual question was.. Do I need to bleed the system after changing the hose and the reservoir?

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Omg.. How in the world am I supposed to reach the other 2 steel pipes? I could get the 2 loose now sticking out to the fender. But there are 2 that go pretty much straight down and there is no way I can reach them?

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So I left the reservoir on two lines. Gives me enough access to the heater valve. Got it out. It's a bit dated I'd say. Lol..
Bowden is completely stuck.. Any idea if I can get it back? That would be a pain to replace
Gas Jewellery Auto part Metal Automotive tire

· Registered
4,630 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
Bowden cable: inner of solid or braided wire wrapped with a coiled metal surround used to transfer motion from a control device to a part. In this case, the cable from the servo arm to the water valve. Must have been invented by Mr.Bowden, as that is what I've always heard it described as.

· Registered
4,630 Posts
@Jim Walters

There's a first time for everything, and in all my years in the SY world (and dealing with the heater valve and its cable) this is the first reference to Bowden I've ever seen. Thanks for clearing things up.

Reactions: MonsterBabyBLN

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thank you everyone for the support!.. I got a bowden cable at bowdenzug24.de... cut it to the right size.. payed 20 eu instead of 180... it works super nice!!..
I also got a new pair of micro switches for the ACU.. one of the two sides was broken..
put everything back together with magnets and tiny BA2 tools.. and had my first drive out today!
everything moves.. I can actually regulate the heat!.. I might have to adjust the cable a bit at the servo.. could be its not closing all the way as I still get a bit of warm air even on all cold setting. but then you never know how cold the air actually can be without aircon.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts