Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remove Knee roll driver side there are three screws one on the side of the foot hand brake, and two more through the leather,

You can now see the fan speed module behind all the wires.

you can start by undoing the two wires going to the foot light.

At that point you will think this it is impossible, there are two choices, you take the blue pill and you put the three screws back and you are done, no more fans on your beautiful car, or you take the red pill and you start undoing the two bolts in order to remove the rows of relays in front of you. !!

You may screw them back on the dropped row of relay for good measure.

Once this is done, you may take picture as attached to remember what cables to put back together.

Once the row of relays is dropped, you think "It is still held and screwed on the fan speed module chassis" at the stage it is of outmost importance to remember you have taken the red pill.

You may remove that screw.

You then remove the two electrical fittings going to the first board in front of you ( remember center and right on an 1985 SZ)

On each side there are two philips head screws which are easy enough to remove and you must then think :"how am I going to put them back on".

At this stage, because you are upside down under the dashboard, you know that if you don't undo these two screws you can't do it, undo them, it will be easy to put them back on

You also undo the buzzer (and put the screw back in the buzzer to avoid loss) .

You can then remove on top of the module the couple of relays (on mine, one was free and the other empty, still have to work that one out)

You can then undo the blue wire going to the fan speed module at the back.

You may also detach all electrical fittings for which you have taken a picture.

The module drops, it's time for a beer, a cigarette, a vape, whatever !

It is normal if you have a temperature above 25 to sweat.

At that stage you realize that it was not so hard, and fitting it back it is just the reverse process, plug in the blue wire back to the module, the buzzer, fitting the two screws back on each side of the module, fitting the little bolt back that holds the row of relays and then the electrical fittings...

Voilà enjoy

Fabrice

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hi Fabrice
Thanks for the info, I missed where the buzzer went will you take your car apart again and show me please lol:wink:
And where do I get the red pills I took a purple one and lost all interest in the car lol:)
Your English is very good ,much better than my French I'm afraid:oops:
Do your fans work now?
Bonsoir
Mike

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The buzzer is attached to the right side of the Fan speed module, and once all is removed, you have to unscrew the little bolt holding the buzzer (green wires going to it) it's actually quite straight forward,

And yes the fans do work now !! But I still have the problem with the flaps of the eyeball and square vents not venting.

Thanks for my english, it's not very hard to learn a language, just pick a couple of movie (in the language you wish to master) to get inspired and just stick to lines and vocabulary from those two movies, and go through them over and over again, in my case scenario it's the matrix and Apollo 13.

Also learn to speak your tong language with the destination accent (english in my case) and swap with the line from the movie and you can then speak fluently those languages.

Mistakes to avoid : learning english watching a chinese movie or Northern European movie (Norway), that DOES not work, you can pick up some sort of bad accent, and people may think you have attitude !! :)
Avoid movies with poor vocabulary, it's a VERY VERY bad shortcut to take ! You don't get good with technicals..

Voilà

Fabrice

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
David, when you want to post a reply to an old topic, hold the cursor over the avatar of the person you are replying to and take note of the last time that person was seen on the forum. In this case, Fabrice Bourrigaud was last seen Sept 1, 2018 so he has not been on the forum for over 4 years. He will not see your question. You should start a new topic, click on "create post" at the top right of the page to do so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts