Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine was recently rebuilt but without much regard for the ancillaries. I am now uncertain about wiring to the otter switches
and to the solenoid fed by the suction line, together with where the vertical pipe next to the coil gets its vacuum which arrives at its base.
It is vented at the top and difficult to detect any "suck". Would be thankful for any help.
Regards, Bill

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
We can guide you, start with a pic or 2. In hindsight project management, such as labels, diagrams and cell pics is a sign of a organized and focused mechanic .
Now you have to invest hours trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Forgot to link you to the factory service and parts listing for your car. The factory workshop manuals will have lots of diagrams. I'm sure you are figuring out vacuum lines and float overflow, etc? It's in there.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Also, seeing that the OP shows Australia as his location, I would very strongly recommend joining the RROC-Australia (if you're not a member already), joining the RROC-Australia Discussion Forum, and availing yourself of the treasure trove of information available in the RROC-Australia Post-War Technical Library.

In addition to the Workshop Manual and Spare Parts Manual you simply must have as a DIY maintainer (or even a professional maintainer) of these cars, the Tee-One Topics archive is an invaluable resource.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts