Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Put the round Turbo headlamp assembly in the SZ and paint the surround in the same body color..now you have a unique look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Another thing has come to my attention that I might need to consider. I've seen a few videos out there saying these cars might not be the best for taller people. I'm 6'1", though a lot of that is in my legs, am I going to fit in them OK?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
You will be fine, now it depends on what type of hat you wear .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yeah, I'm really hoping with the lifting of lockdown restrictions here in the next few months I'll be able to organise some test drives, or maybe even longer drives if anyone here is up for letting me do that!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks again everyone, some great food for thought there.

I really have no need for the turbo and will most likely get a non-turbo Brooklands, but every now and then I wake up and think a Turbo would be really cool to have. At the end of the day any of these cars will be amazing (as long as I don't buy a ruined one of course).

I can see your point about the SY cars, they do look more iconic. I don't know if it's my age or something, but I want the SZ cars more. There's something about the look of them, I know it's not to everyone's taste but I like the straighter lines and love the individual round headlights. Price wise they seem a bit all over the place at the moment as well, on UK autotrader there seems to be a few around £10k but the rest are £30-40k and above.

I've got a few Mulsanne's on my watch list, they do look pretty good. I think I'm more pulled towards the later cars though.
I get a lot of stares and thumbs up - honestly, the Turbo is worth it in my opinion.....there is something special about the SZ cars. To me Bentley represents class, class and more class....my car is far from perfect but I will make perfect in my eyes over time. I drive mine every day to keep her lubricated and I drive aggressively a bit off the line to keep the “turbo” in check.

My goal is to visit your beautiful country and see where the queen lives but also see Crewe in hopes I can get a tour. I promise you, you will not regret buying a car like this. I get a smile walking up to her, driving her and walking away. Like Jay Leno said on the review of his Turbo R, you either get it or you don’t. There’s something about this big locomotive and it’s 325 hp/ 500 ft lbs of torque at hand knowing you you have this power in reserve (if she’s healthy) and it’s needed. Buy one, use it everyday...to me, it’s worth it.....

·
Registered
191 Posts
You should try one for size.
I am 5' 8" and always wonder how tall drivers can cope with headroom... and front vision.
I am almost 6’ 3” and Inhabe to recline the seat to see the stop lights LOL.

Kindly,
Stephen

41 - 48 of 48 Posts