Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, happy to join your forum!

I've recently started considering buying a Bentley Continental GT, because of it's low price here in Dubai. They're currently available from $30k-$50k, and I've heard that they're a fairly reliable car. I understand that repair costs can be relatively high, and I'm expecting to probably loose around $6k/year in car value+repair costs, which is fine.

The main reason I want to buy a Bentley is the looks, comfort and power. I'm not a huge car enthusiast, and I don't know much about the inner workings of cars - But I love driving them, and I love the aesthetics of Bentleys. The second reason is that the price is probably 2-3 times lower than in my home country, so if I want to own a nice car without being too irresponsible finance wise, now would be the time. That said, I'm a little intimidated by the purchase, since it would be my first car, and as mentioned I'm probably not capable of checking the car myself to make sure I end up with a fair deal. So I thought I would just reach out to you.

As far as I understand this forum might be more focused on vintage cars, so I'm sorry if these questions are not relevant here.
  • What is important to look out for when buying a B-C-GT within the years 2006-2010. Is there a certain year known for reliability / great value?
  • Is my yearly average loss of $6k realistic (car value loss + repair cost), or does it sit higher? (it would be my daily driver - around 5000-6000km / year)
  • What's your favourite thing about Bentley's and how do you like the Continental GT?
  • Any other good tips?

Hoping to hear from you!

Warm regards from Dubai.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
In some cases a visit to a Bentley dealer to service an issue will cost your yearly estimate. There is a reason for everything....why is the price so low?
First, it is a used car. Second, the cost to repair these cars is a factor with market acceptance. Don't even think about buying one without a history of service and having a Bentley dealer near you. A local repair shop cannot help you with many issues like a dealer can due to technology and who has access to the proprietary software.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In some cases a visit to a Bentley dealer to service an issue will cost your yearly estimate. There is a reason for everything....why is the price so low?
First, it is a used car. Second, the cost to repair these cars is a factor with market acceptance. Don't even think about buying one without a history of service and having a Bentley dealer near you. A local repair shop cannot help you with many issues like a dealer can due to technology and who has access to the proprietary software.
Hey Wraithman, thanks for your reply!
I can imagine that it can definitely be expensive to service it - Do you recon that the average mentioned loss will be much higher? (Of course you can always be unlucky). I'll definitely check the service history before committing to anything! I luckily do have a Bentley dealer nearby. Here's an example of a 2010 for sale: Bentley Continental GT 2010 : Bentley Continental GT Speed 2010 Full Service History GCC | dubizzle

·
Administrator
548 Posts
You could lose nearly $6000/year in depreciation alone. If you're looking to be financially responsible, I would look elsewhere. There is a reason the average net worth of a new Bentley buyer is $30 million.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, happy to join your forum!

I've recently started considering buying a Bentley Continental GT, because of it's low price here in Dubai. They're currently available from $30k-$50k, and I've heard that they're a fairly reliable car. I understand that repair costs can be relatively high, and I'm expecting to probably loose around $6k/year in car value+repair costs, which is fine.

The main reason I want to buy a Bentley is the looks, comfort and power. I'm not a huge car enthusiast, and I don't know much about the inner workings of cars - But I love driving them, and I love the aesthetics of Bentleys. The second reason is that the price is probably 2-3 times lower than in my home country, so if I want to own a nice car without being too irresponsible finance wise, now would be the time. That said, I'm a little intimidated by the purchase, since it would be my first car, and as mentioned I'm probably not capable of checking the car myself to make sure I end up with a fair deal. So I thought I would just reach out to you.

As far as I understand this forum might be more focused on vintage cars, so I'm sorry if these questions are not relevant here.
  • What is important to look out for when buying a B-C-GT within the years 2006-2010. Is there a certain year known for reliability / great value?
  • Is my yearly average loss of $6k realistic (car value loss + repair cost), or does it sit higher? (it would be my daily driver - around 5000-6000km / year)
  • What's your favourite thing about Bentley's and how do you like the Continental GT?
  • Any other good tips?
Hoping to hear from you!

Warm regards from Dubai.
The later the better. Make sure that a Bentley dealer does a pre-purchase inspection. Personally check that everything electronics works: radio, navigation system, seats, windows, doors, etc. Make sure that little things are not missing, such as Owner's Manual, Navigation Disc, 2 sets of keys (a se will cost $750), Jack, etc. I have a 2010 GT Speed, and it is the best car I have ever driven. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts