Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day friends….

I’ve been chatting with Crewe and everyone might already be aware but if you reach out to this email address: [email protected]

and request your “Build Sheet” they will send it to you. Sorry if this is redundant. Also, I inquired about yours and due to Covid, they are only offering “Virtual Tours” which I thought was pretty neat.

I just wanted to share with the forum.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well that was quick, got it already. It's confirmed what I suspected, that the flying B on the grille wasn't original. Interestingly it was supplied with four umbrellas, I have two of them, I wonder where the other two went over the years?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You’re welcome -> here’s what it will look like:

View attachment 30364

View attachment 30366
Interesting, I've dropped them a line,
Well that was quick, got it already. It's confirmed what I suspected, that the flying B on the grille wasn't original. Interestingly it was supplied with four umbrellas, I have two of them, I wonder where the other two went over the years?
That is pretty cool….did they quote your horsepower as “386 BHP”?

I am getting my “Flying B” installed…do you like how it looks without the chrome strip on the hood?
Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is pretty cool….did they quote your horsepower as “386 BHP”?

I am getting my “Flying B” installed…do you like how it looks without the chrome strip on the hood?
It doesn't list the horsepower at all, I suppose that might be a difference between domestic and export markets?

I do like the look of the Flying B, though I'm most likely going to remove it, I often drive in fairly busy areas with pedestrians and cyclists around and with it not retracting at all I don't want to impale anyone with it. Honestly I think I would prefer it not to have been fitted, as I'm not going to get a whole new grille surround I'll need to get hold of the bit of chrome that covers the holes, which will look odd without the strip down the bonnet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't list the horsepower at all, I suppose that might be a difference between domestic and export markets?

I do like the look of the Flying B, though I'm most likely going to remove it, I often drive in fairly busy areas with pedestrians and cyclists around and with it not retracting at all I don't want to impale anyone with it. Honestly I think I would prefer it not to have been
fitted, as I'm not going to get a whole new grille surround I'll need to get hold of the bit of chrome that covers the holes, which will look odd without the strip down the bonnet.
Here’s one of the pages listing the quoted horsepower ratings:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amazingly, only 20 minutes after i requested the build sheet for my Brooklands R, i already received it 🤗...thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Just be aware that what Bentley can supply via email contains nowhere near to what the comprehensive build sheet that comes from Hunt House (the RREC) does.

I've requested these from Bentley several times in the past when I wanted a "quick and dirty" snapshot regarding the car, but it's really not exhaustive, and some are very, very thin on information.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just be aware that what Bentley can supply via email contains nowhere near to what the comprehensive build sheet that comes from Hunt House (the RREC) does.

I've requested these from Bentley several times in the past when I wanted a "quick and dirty" snapshot regarding the car, but it's really not exhaustive, and some are very, very thin on information.
Hi Brian,

I have to admit I was a little disappointed on the information that I had received….cest la vie.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Hunt House will put together a booklet for your car build. It will cost a few bucks and worth it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks Guyslp and Wraithman, I just joined RREC!

Daryl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts