Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can any body tell me how I can get the pressure up no my brake pumps as I seam to have a leak when the car is moving but cant find it when it is stationery
It is dripping on to the drivers side exhaust (UK car) and I think back pump
I have changed the seals in the pumps as there was a leak on the low pressure side and if left over night seems to have cleared up any advice would be grateful
Michael

·
Registered
78 Posts
what about the distribution valves. 2 valves in the brake actuator assembly. They always leak, not much you can do with them as they are not currently available and you cant reseal them. if you have low pressure then it is probably the valve bodies. it depends on when you are losing the pressure.

please let me know the model and year and a bit more details of the problem I will try and help more.

Matt.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mat it is a RT
When it is stationary it is ok No Leeks But when you drive it is leaking under presser is there a way of getting the presser up to simulate car driving so I can see where the leek is ( pull a fuse )

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mat
I have found the leek it was on the back pump low pressure pipe where it joins steal to rubber and for some reason when you keep the car at 1500 rpm and foot on brake pedal it was sending a fine spray up to the throttle body and dripping down
So cut the rubber pipe and all ok (I Hope)
But thanks for the help
Can you pm a price on front pads for Mt RT she has the BIG brakes on it 1997

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts