Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys Tom here again From Ontario Canada with a 91 Spur2 ok ive been replacing the lines one by one as they fail and yes im getting good at replacing heres my problem now this coiled line is not tyhe same size as Brake line the brake line i have been using is 3/16 this line is smaller when i called and asked for a 1/8 brake line they said they only go as small as 3/16 so my question is what size is this coiled line is it in fact Brake line or is this for the leveling of rear? In Pics is one of the Coils of line I'm replacing and in another pic it the 2 bigger fittings in block that go to line I'm replacing thanks in Advance. Tom

Attachments

·
Vendor
176 Posts
Are you saying the line with the green stripe on it is smaller than 3/16"? Please get a caliper and measure it. 1/8" tubing technically exists (inlinetube.com has it), but I've never heard of it being used in an automotive application let alone on a Rolls.
You're going to have to measure the fitting and get the thread pitch to determine what the fitting is. If it is a 3/8"-24 fitting, you can just use 3/16" line.

BritishToolWorks.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct the line is smaller than 3\16 I've been replacing all lines so far with 3\16 but these 2 coiled lines are smaller my mechanic buddy said 1\8 but when I called auto parts place they said they don't have line that small so I'm wondering if this is in fact part of the Braking system Or is it part of the leveling system and that's why it's changed size

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
Your mechanic is correct it is smaller than normal brake line, it is used on the height control system on SZ's. I have never had to replace any so I can'y give you a source but I'm sure you could find it at an industrial supply shop like Acklands or Motion Industries.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ty Jim here's a question there was 2 lines there both were coiled I removed the one is it a MUST that the line is coiled or can I just run a straight line over from one valve to another? just seems like a waste of line my thoughts are it's coiled to cool the mineral fluid down is that correct ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts