Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Brake calipers on a T1 Bentley whats involved re servicing and is it very expensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Barry
Glad to see that you made it on to the Australian forum. The regulars there are generally a bunch of good guys and should not lead you astray. The trick is to make sure that you ask the correct questions.
You should particularly look up Bill Coburn's Tee One Topics, almost 1200 pages of very practical advise. Most of it pertinent to your vehicle.
Enjoy the experience.
Leho

·
Registered
78 Posts
brake calipers on a T type are usually pretty rotten.

I have overhauled a lot in my time and usually need new pistons, and seals. The rear calipers have the park brake linkage and often seize. they can usually be freed off ok but can be troublesome.

You can now buy new callipers from Introcar £145 for each front and about £295 for the rears new. Fronts are in stock but rears are on their way.

if it is seals and pistons you need you are looking at about £30 rear and £42 front, for the seal kit and between £15 and £20 per piston, depending on wether it is the early T1 with a master cylinder or the later one without.

Thanks Matt

[email protected]
www.introcar.co.uk

·
Registered
78 Posts
brake calipers on a T type are usually pretty rotten.

I have overhauled a lot in my time and usually need new pistons, and seals. The rear calipers have the park brake linkage and often seize. they can usually be freed off ok but can be troublesome.

You can now buy new callipers from Introcar £145 for each front and about £295 for the rears new. Fronts are in stock but rears are on their way.

if it is seals and pistons you need you are looking at about £30 rear and £42 front, for the seal kit and between £15 and £20 per piston, depending on wether it is the early T1 with a master cylinder or the later one without.

Thanks Matt

[email protected]
www.introcar.co.uk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts