Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Anyone know where I can get the mechanical breakdown for a Bosch Fuel distributor? I recently bought an 84 Spirit, and think something is missing in my fuel distributor, but I need a breakdown to be sure...
I have the online manual, but it doesn't show all the internal components for this US model...
Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Crowe, checked my Bosch stuff and the only thing they list are rebuild kits for the mechanical pressure regulator. IIRC, it takes a Bosch repair facility with a jig to repair and recalibrate the low-pressure metering cups and central "slit" metering piston.

If you wish, send me a message through this board with your e-mail and I'll dump you a bunch of K/KE-Jet stuff I have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark!
I have sent the distributor and WU regulator in for rebuild...should be getting them back any day now!
OC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Also, here's a page to Bosch's "Tradition" group. They have a bunch of stuff on their equipment used in Rolls Royce products:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Mark out West said:
Crowe,

Also, here's a page to Bosch's "Tradition" group. They have a bunch of stuff on their equipment used in Rolls Royce products:

Bosch Automotive Tradition webpage
Thanks very much for posting this. I had not been aware that such a thing existed.

Bosch being Bosch, I'd have to imagine this will be continuously updated as current systems become "historical." It's an incredible resource, and one that many owners of PMCs from the SZ era forward will have many occasions to turn to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Ferrari also employed the Bosch fuel metering system and agree with the above, LET A PRO do it. This is NOT something for a DIY'er without the proper metering testing rig. Sure rebuilding brakes and MC and tranny/engine is easy enough (provided you have the skills), yet the Bosch fuel metering system is not one of those things i'd toy with. Also, in the Bosch (Ferrari version) there is a small screen filter and odds are due to the years of service it needs replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts