Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

90 Bentley Turbo R, original delivery somewhere in the Arab world, no catalytic convertors or air bags, last 5 digits of VIN are 33185

Before paying the deposit and rental and shipping costs from the UK for the Mastercheck diagnostic tool that Flying Spare's says is for 88 - 93 Bentleys I have been trying to locate the "MasterCheck plug" in my car. The photo I have seen shows it as a round multi pin plug, but I can't find such a diagnostic plug anywhere, even after pulling off the cover under the steering wheel.

Can anyone tell me where the MasterCheck diagnostic port/plug is likely to be on my car, if it is there at all?

If it is there and I can use the MasterCheck diagnostics, what does it check?

Couple of photos, two of under drivers side steering wheel (left hand drive car( and third of the fuse panel on passenger side.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Your car doesn't have Mastercheck. It was introduced in Bentley and RR at various points in the 40K & 50K series. That equates to the 1992/3 model years.

I have no idea why they'd say anything about model years 1988 through 1991 at all, as Chapter B10 of TSD4737 (on blink codes) notes: The engine management system fitted to 1992 model year cars can also be interrogated using the Mastercheck test equipment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts