Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
igotarollsroyce said:
I'm looking for the best cars money can buy and I've narrowed it down to the bentley gt and the aston martin db9. Which of the two would you buy? I like astons so I'm leaning towards those, but convince me as to the bentley. http://vlane.com/comparison/2382
I have a passion for both, but it's going to come down to this, Will it be a daily dirver? If yes then the GT every time. If it's a fun, week end car, then I would still lean to the GT but I'd buy the speed version.
I love the DB9, but I'm big guy and I find the interior a little tight for me.
The new GT speed is fantastic car and it's has far more room

·
Registered
15 Posts
it has to be the bentley for me, i have had the privelage to own a few supercars but i settled for the bentley - it has the looks, speed, luxury and perfect for everyday use.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have driven both. Not a big fan of the interior of either. The Aston is however slightly nicer. Bentley headliner is overly VW and obvious Audi/higher end VW parts bin robbery. The Aston, Ford robbed Volvo and not much has changed, but just works better in the Aston. Flap paddle gear boxes--Aston well its annoying and pointless. Like manuals, but have driven many paddle shifting gimmics. This is one area that the Germans have done an o.k job, still prefer a manual, but could live with German cars with these transmission. Porsche obviously was a good help on the Bentley and Lambo's as well. Driving Bentley is better in shifting and being a sporting car. Aston might too American influenced or something. Aston line up kinda remind me of driving new Corvette's, almost bought an 08 of the latter. Strike against it and change of mind, its like driving an accordion and made worse with annoying paddles!

Both are good cars, agree with Top Gear on the Bentley. Its good but something lacking that makes it great. The Bentley, not as good looking and even the interior lacks a certain something. It just drives better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
great info

you guys have posted up some great info. the aston martin is a beautiful car but the interior does look a little on the Ford side

1 - 5 of 5 Posts