Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this video on Youtube posted by The Car Wizard. I watch some of his vids merely for enjoyment and sometimes to learn something new. In this case, it was a bit different. A PCV buried below 2 turbo's in a V-8 block. So how much will it cost to repair?
I'll let the video speak for itself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The complexity of new cars is just overwhelming. Interesting, I remember in the late 80's the mechanics at my father's dealership would whine and complain on how hard some cars were to work on. They particularly would scoff at Jag's from that era. They had no idea how bad it would get!

I would so love to have a brand new 80's or 90's euro car, when luxury was about the best materials and engineering and not the amount of gadgets.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best way to enjoy these cars without the stress is to lease them. I handled the estate management for a family and enjoyed their Bentley Flying Spur. Fun to drive and be seen in without the responsibility of upkeep.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would have liked to seen it apart and have the actual problem shown.
No doubt the plastic oil separator box is sealed up, but I would have carefully cut it into to to see the actual problem.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the occasion to witness first hand many RR/B's being serviced at Manhattan Motorcars several years ago while I was a custodian for a Bentley Flying Spur. I witnessed so many front ends (grills/body panels, etc) that had to be removed to replace sensors and the like on these cars and vowed never to own one. They would spend hours removing items just to get to the problem. Although we do the same for our cars, it seemed ridiculous in many cases.

Reactions: Jeff R 1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts