Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How old is your main battery? Those particular DIP fault alerts are the classic symptom of a failing main battery. Both the main and starting batteries on these models can fail in as little as two years due to the high demands on them. Keeping them on a maintainer is not a guarantee that they will not have a very short life compared to other cars.
Hmm……
There are no main and starter batteries on a 2001 Azure! Only the tiny alarm battery and the starter battery……

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Azure suddenly dies while driving. Of course power steering immediately is lost too. To get the car started again I have to a: Turn off the ignition key and pull it out, b: Re-insert the key in ignition, turn the key to ON position. c: Press the start button.
If I leave the key in the ON position after the car dies and I just try to press the start button to re-start, I hear a clicking noise from 1 or more relays under or behind the glove box on the passenger. At the same time, i get the following messages: “Track Fault“ continous, “ Check Gearbox “ and for each of those relay clicks, the ”Engine” symbol goes off and on while simuntaneously the speedometer dial makes small jumps.
Any ideas what is going on? I live in Orange County, California, zip code 92648.
Sincerely,
BAJK
battery or alternator or relay

21 - 26 of 26 Posts