Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’ve always dreamt of owning a Bentley Arnage and with COVID-19 etc. I’ve decided its time to stop dreaming and jump in so here I am. I‘ve been looking for weeks and have been reading a range of articles and it seems that the best model to buy is the later version from 2008 which had the enhanced turbo’s and the 6 speed auto box.

Can anyone provide any guidance on what to look for or specifically to watch out for?

Really appreciated guys.

Barry

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi Barry,

The changes actually came in during 2007, but I don't know if all the 2007 cars had them or not. But yeah, those set of changes also addressed the head-gasket issues and the camshaft issues.

Make sure it has two sets of keys and that they both work. The factory appears to have lost the ability to correctly program some of them. (They had to replace all my locks to sort it. At least they did it on their dime.)

Mine has had issues with several O2 sensors and several backup sensors, but I'm not sure how you'd test those -- probably better to just assume it's going to cost a bit of coin to keep it going.

Highly recommended, though. Great car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi jeyjey, thanks for your thoughts on this it’s really appreciated. Well, I’ve jumped in, I’ve bought a 2009 model, 20k miles, Black with cream interior and it looks fantastic. It also has the final series alloys. It’s being serviced and valeted and I really can’t wait. I’m buying it from the original owner from new so feel very privileged as he loves it to bits and this is very obvious when you speak to him. I’m sure I’ll have issues along the way but couldn’t be happier. Thanks again - I’ll check in once it’s delivered. Regards, Barry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts