Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have a 1997 Azure that i have recenly aquired and the folding roof does not lock down by the two anchors at the back, would anyone have any idea of where i should start with this? Many thanks :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
englishempire said:
Hi all, i have a 1997 Azure that i have recenly aquired and the folding roof does not lock down by the two anchors at the back, would anyone have any idea of where i should start with this? Many thanks :)
Hello and welcome,

Over time the anchors and locks near the rear side windows need adjusting, because from what I'm reading from you, the top is working up and down properly. However, something may be keeping the top from falling into the top well properly not letting the locks catch. Sometimes just lubricating the joints on the frame will do the trick. Also, the timming of the micro switches may be a little off but don't sound like it. Have had this problem many times in my line of work with that car. Take it into a Dealer or a good service shop in your area. It's a 1997 Azure (Very Beautiful Car), shouldn't be anything major. I would suggest a check and a few adjustments first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI, this sounds like very good advice, i will check everything that you mention and hopefully i will manage to get it fixed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi B'smooth, thanks for your earlier advice, can you recommend a good way of cleaning the leather on my car or a product that is suitable. Here in the UK the practice of Connollising is popular but it is not needed on my car. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello English,
There are several cleaning agents on the market. My best experience on the market is, Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner, comes in two seperate bottles. Great stuff and easy to apply. Just follow the instructions on the label. Any questions when you get it, let me know. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all, i have been checking the roof operation on the azure and what it does is it won't open at the windscreen, the buzzer sounds but at the rear it lifts a bit out of the boot then stops. When i close it the locating anchors pull down on the passenger side but a part of the mechanism pushes the driver's side up. When i try opening it again the driver's side pulls down into place briefly before being freed and it then stops as the front part on the windscreen won't release. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi well I have looked at the work shop manual
Can you get the roof to go down? If so do and then check the oil level
If ok put roof up so the back part is up so you can get in to the back compartment
If you look at the mechanism you will find ether 2 or 4 micro swishes make shore these are licking and that the wiring is in good condition
The system should work in sequences and if the back doesn’t pop and lift then the front wont work it is very complicated so if your not mechanically minded don’t start as you will be on the vodka very fast
I have tried a friend in London but he is away till Wednesday to see if he can help you as there complicated try what I have said and let me know but I think it is time to call a friend and I am in Somerset
Michael

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Bentley,

The rear pops up but then it stops as the buzzer goes and the red light is on (on the windscreen rail). When i close it again it goes down but won't lock evenly so it stays up an inch at the back with the two rear anchors exposed and a gap between the roof and the car. I can send pics if it helps.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
This is funny I have had a call today and he has the same problem as you it is coming in on Thursday for us to look at and sort out so be patient and we will see if we find the problem and then I can tell you
Danny hasn’t answered his phone today but will keep trying him
Don’t worry we will get there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Bentley! I look forward to hearing from you. Perhaps i should open the hood manually and check the frame joints, what do you think?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts