Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just experienced the ‘green shower nightmare’ on unlatching the roof on our 99 car to lower it.
I‘ve spent a lot of time reading up on this problem and our member “Adamski” seems to very knowledgeable on the subject.
He has posted some really good photos and if I were able to speak to him I’d like to ask ; how do you remove the trim over the windscreen to get at the actuators and hoses in order to change them.
It’s a shame this inherent fault is showing up so regularly but I’m determined to not let it “mar my joy” with this beautiful beast. Donald.

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
. Remove the single screw showing from each latch escutcheon on the windscreen header bar then slide the latch sideways. It has a lip on one side that hooks under the trim so lift it out after sliding it. Remove the cover around the rear view mirror on the windscreen, there are two screws going up from there to the trim. They are hidden well in among the hoses so you need a good light to see them. Then the trim will lift off. The trim is tucked under the rubber seal so you peel back the edge of the rubber a bit to release it. Peel back the rubber at each outside end of the header bar, I can't recall exactly but there may be a screw under there that holds the outer ends of the trim down. I had one apart last year to repair the leaking header bar latch rams and replaced one hose that had blown, the same car is coming in soon for a complete hose replacement as the outer covering is flaking off the hoses everywhere. Huge job to do them all but it's just a matter of time before another hose or ram blows so you should plan on replacing all of them if you are going to keep the Azure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts