Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my 1957 Silver Cloud 1 at Euromotors in Bethesda, Md. I would to warn anyone looking to use this shop to run like hell.

The body shop promised to leave my mint conditioned Silver Cloud 1 with 41,000 miles inside a secured garage at all times. Finally after State Farm got done low balling the repair I had to take it to another shop for repair.

Euromotors and State Farm insurance should be avoided at all costs if you want quality and fair repair of your Rolls Royce.

Euromotors let the State Farm adjuster into my car but neither one of them took the time to lock it back up. Euromotors let this car set outside in the bright sunshine during 90+ degree weather and severe thunderstorms. No effort was given to secure the car at all. When I went to pick up the car after three weeks of State Farm screwing around, I found it parked in the same place I had parked it in. The front parking lot of the shop right next to a sidewalk completely unlocked. The worse part was that the drivers door was left unlatched and had filled up with water. When I opened the door water drained out on my feet. After complaining about it management told me it had been inside but then changed their statement to they set it outside as they did not have a secured garage to keep it in. After leaving I called the person following me and they stated that I should check the trunk as water was pouring out each time i drove from a traffic light. I found the trunk unlatched and 3" of water in the trunk. Carpet soaked and moldy and the wooded trunk floor soaked. Of course Euromotors blames the insurance adjuster for leaving it open but they were in possession of the vehicle.

Euromotors caused more damage to my 53 year old car in three weeks then had been done since it was made. Since the car set outside in severe thunderstorms and extreme heat the rear seat leather is now starting to crack also.

Really, DO NOT USE EUROMOTORS FOR SERVICING YOUR VEHICLE !!!!
They do not give a shit if your car is damaged or secured.

Now my question finally. I had to take the car to Tyson Corners Collision in Tyson Corners Virginia for the final repair. They did an outstanding job on the body work. Since the car has been returned I have a question on the brake lights. When you step on the brakes both left and right brake lamps turn on but when you apply a turn signal the brake lamp on that side goes out. Is this normal for a Cloud 1 ?
I do not know as i have never followed it and no one can remember after half a year in the body shop to repair two small dent and a bumper chroming how they worked.

Remember if you love your vintage car do not take it to Euromotors in Maryland. Such terrible service would be hard to find anywhere else. Management does not call you back when up you attempt to contact them. Only a threat to sue them will get you an answer. Terrible management is followed by terrible customer service. Your car will not be taken care of as promised and could be left accessible to the general public in an open lot next to the sidewalk. I dread to think what could have been stolen out of my unlocked car. This car is always garaged to ensure it stays in the best original state possible. Here it was open to Theft and severe weather damage.

Sad they are the Rolls Royce Dealer in this area.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tim
Regarding your brake light / turn signal question : the simple answer is yes. The cars were wired to have the brake light extinguish when that side turn signal was activated. This is controlled by relays located in the boot under the right rear wing inside cover. It is relatively simple to override this behaviour and have the brake light remain on when the turn signal is activated.
However, you have to consider whether you have red or amber tail light lenses and what your state regulations are wrt amber or red turn signals and red tailights.

Sorry to hear about your service experience. It is always better to get feedback from other owners before committing your car to service.
To this end, if you are not already a member of the Rolls-Royve Owners' Club (www.rroc.org) I suggest that you seriously consider membership and also joining their Silver Cloud Society. There is an active forum with very knowledgeable owners that can (and do) give useful advise.
Leho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot
Never followed it before, always looking out the windshield.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Leho

I feel your pain I took my car to the experts for my model of car, I am severely out of pocket, the car was secured but alot of parts are still missing, what is worse though it came back with a big dent and not working they agreed to make a mense but alas they caused even more damage to the leather and other parts they didn't do any of the work sent it to a bodyshop who did a half baked job. 3 years and alot of money.

I am now doing 90% of the work myself I can't mention the garage for legal reasons and nearly got banned from another forum for complaining about this garage even though I carefully refused to mention who they were, my forum friends knew who this decietful, narcistic garage owner was who plyed you with charm and supposed expertise and enthuisasm then just took money for nothing. He is more obsessed with his own car which is constantly on the ramp being worked on regardless of how many other cars are waiting.

So I know exactly what you mean the motor trade has plenty of liars, thieves and blaggards having said this there are a few shining lights who are the exact opposite and could not be more helpful. Who I should thank in a completely different post.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jeremy
Actually I am not feeling any pain at all. It was Tim (not I) who had the apparent unsatisfactory service experience.
I tend to do 99% of any work myself. On the rare occasions when I do not (cannot remember when the last time was) I am in attendance 100% of the time to supervise the work being done.
What car did you have your apparent unsatisfactory service experience with? Just curious since your previous posts seem to indicate that you do not have a PMC, although there is an R Type in the family.
Leho

·
Registered
7 Posts
PM sent can't mention the type of car in the same post as the garage in question would use this post against me they really are that nasty.

Yes you are right I should have said Kelly. Alas the work I was going to get done was beyond my novice abilities but I am doing the vast majority of stuff with a little advice and supervision now.

My car isn't a Rolls Royce but it's quick and very luxurious something I will be showing off all over the internet in the coming months. I have taken a Flagship model that was actually owned by the manufacturer and I am doing it up to make it the even more than it was. Customised but in a very respectful that includes the only finest parts from this manufacturers global parts bin. It's kind of a tribute to the brand. The heritage people have been informed and are looking forward to pictures of the completed car.

Alot of difficulties and hardships but I love that old thing and will make it great once more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts