Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I wanted to see how much everyone is paying for insurance to shop around for quotes. Assuming most here are over 30 years old and safe drivers.

what is the yearly comprehensive auto insurance cost for a current generation rolls or bentley in the USA?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
It's very difficult to compare quotes from members. Insurance quotes are based on many factors such as location, age, vehicle, vehicle theft history, credit history, number of drivers and cars in household, etc. etc. It's a quote based on statistics for a given individual, car and location.
Your best bet is to Google insurance quotes and you will get more results than you can deal with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's very difficult to compare quotes from members. Insurance quotes are based on many factors such as location, age, vehicle, vehicle theft history, credit history, number of drivers and cars in household, etc. etc. It's a quote based on statistics for a given individual, car and location.
Your best bet is to Google insurance quotes and you will get more results than you can deal with.

That is what I figured too.
Price can range a lot depending on individual factors, like accident + driving history. I was hoping for ballpark numbers that people can reference when getting quotes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check with Hagerty and Grundy in the US. You can do it on line and they do currant model exotic and high line cars as well as classic.

Nice. checked both and the difference was about 100%.
$800 - 3000/yr VS $3000 - 5800/yr

I wonder if Geico covers these cars.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I'm paying classic car insurance @ approx. €200 p/a for 4000 miles p/a on a 1979 Silver Shadow 11. To avail of this quote I need to insure another car as my normal daily driver.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Paying wait for it £83 for comprehensive cover for 1,500 miles Uk based.
Not covered for driving another car so individual to this car

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi Happy New Year
I am paying £280. for UK and any where i want to go 5000 M UK and Europe recovery with Hotels and Expenses with a Guaranteed Value 26000.00 plus Audio and stuff

·
Registered
12 Posts
What insurance companies in the uk?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
It depends what is included in the cintract, what is insured.
Is it a basic insurance or a complete insurance including robbery, fire, destruction by riots....
To colpare prices you need to compare all details in the contracts

·
Registered
14 Posts
State Farm will insure it like a normal car, not a classic. For me it was cheaper than the classic car ones and didn't have any restrictions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great info- I just bought a 2008 Bentley GT Speed and USAA was charging me $2500 per year with a $500 deductible.

Grundy was $732 and Hagerty was $1428 with no deductible!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any more suggestions for Phantom 8 insurance?

Does anyone here have a newer Phantom, and can tell me who they are insured with? I am not asking for prices, just looking for any company that will give me a quote.

I have already tried all of the recommendations above, and have been turned down by every one of them for various reasons. Not because of my driving record, but mostly because of the value of the car.

And I have tried to insure it as a package with several cars and my home.

I am not really looking for smart-arse answers about googling "insurance quotes", just looking for anybody that has actually managed to obtain insurance on a Phantom 8.

I have already spoken to dozens of brokers and agents, and none of them will take it because of the high value.

Here are some of the reject reasons I have been given:

Hagerty: Won't insure because it is leased.

Grundy: Won't insure it because it is in California.

Geico: Won't insure it because the value is over 300K.

State Farm: Won't insure it because the value is over 300K.

Farmers: I currently have the car insured with Farmers, but they just jacked my rate to $11,600 per year.

Note: This is for a 56 year-old driver with clean record.

AAA: are the only other company that I have found that will actually give me a quote... but at $16,000 per year. Whoa!

It might be of interest for you to know that when I asked Farmers why they had recently jacked my rate, they stated "the reason is because of the excessive cost of replacement parts for the Phantom 8, giving the example of a single headlight unit costing over $12,000".

I asked my RR dealer about it, and they confirmed the cost of a single headlight unit is actually over $13,000. They suggested I try State Farm, who immediately told that is was not within their underwriting guidelines because the replacement value of the vehicle is in excess of $300,000.

I have also tried multiple so-called "Exotic car insurance companies" and "Classic car insurance companies". Most referred me to other companies, who then declined me and often referred me back to the compan
rr1.jpg
y that had referred me to them.

I keep thinking I will ask another Phantom 8 driver if I ever get then chance... but in the last two years I have never even seen another Phantom 8 on the road, never mind having a chance to talk to the driver.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
There was a thread recently with insuring cars like this.
Ins co's use several metrics to insure...credit score..drivers per household vs cars, driver's history, and your location. etc.
The lease is a big factor in your case.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
PS The thread was on the RROC forum, you have to be a member.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm surprised you weren't able to find a broker that would take it with your house. That's what I had to do in Ireland several years ago when all the regular suspects stoped insuring cars over 3.5L engine size. (My policy is currently underwritten by Chubb.)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting... Yes, Hagerty does not insure leased vehicles, but, State Farm did insure my McLaren and the replacement cost was over 300.

I have found that it is better to bundle your home and vehicles with one agent and company.
State your clunker car as your primary and I can assume that your Phantom will not be driven daily.

My understanding is that insurance companies see leased premium vehicles as a high exposure risk.

I do run with 5K or higher deductibles with my premium cars that are not insured with Hagerty.
High deductibles may bring down costs significantly.

Don't forget to read over your lease and see if gap insurance is part of your agreement. If not, now would be a good time to explore this option.

CSAA/AAA is probably quoting you via Progressive.
Give Kemper and Travelers a try.

Reach out to your wealth/investment manager. They might have a few contacts with brokers that deal with high net worth individuals.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Try american collectors insurance. While I'm now using Hagerty for all my collectors cars (term i use loosely) that range from 1969-2007, I have used American collectors in the past and like most other insurance companies. I've had good service in that I've paid them money, and they've given me a piece of paper that tells me that I'm insured.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts