Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have recently purchased a Bentley Arnage T 2005 Mulliner. I totally fell in love with the colour combination (iridium green with mocha interiors...) and maybe didn't pay to much attention on the maintenance and general condition.....fingers crossed
Relatively well maintained (not FSBDH!) and planning to carry out a major service shortly (all fluids, filters, spark plugs...ecc.) and tyre change (Turanza T005). At the moment no warning lights, no fluid leaks and suspension seem ok. Various bills for the last years but not a massive file to be honest. Some photos attached.
Bought @ an auction in the UK......maybe someone on this forum knows the car?
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Plant Vehicle registration plate Tire

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Wheel Car Tire Dog Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks All, in terms of cost option I think just lambswool rugs (don't really like them) and Arnage T sports combination (level 2) although not sure was this option is....any idea?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All, really enjoying the power and comfort of the Arnage. Only thing is that twice after a relatively short drive but in traffic, once parked I noticed a coolant leak (should be that and not transmission fluid) coming from middle of the engine exactly where the lateral vents are on the side of the car are. Mechanic hopefully will check tomorrow...doent; always leak only in particular conditions and only once stopped......any ideas?
Also will perform a major service as follows:
-engine oil and filter
-transmission fluid and filter
-brake fluid
-hydraulic fluid
-spark plugs
-replace coolant
  • all internal and external filters
  • check front suspension (I think will need to replace upper and lower spring isolators and maybe up and lower ball joints but the rest seems ok as per the rear)

Any else I should check or replace?

thanks

Filippo

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks, yes cabin filter is ready to be replaced.
The first leak I had was more orange colour (so coolant I assumed) but the second as per photos seem more red (not sure that maybe topping up the previous leak with water changed the coolant colour to more red.....?) but would be a strange coincidence to have first a coolant leak and than transmission fluid leak......hopefully nothing too serious.....

·
Registered
Arnage T MY 05
186 Posts
coolant in my 05 Arnage T was/is blue/green (which is correct I assume).

I would add spheres and rust protection to your list. For rust protection on my Arnage I have used Owatrol with good results. Preceeded by soda blasting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes rust protection is on the list thanks!!! Coolant in mine is orange for sure, probably the wrong one but will be replaced asap.
Would you replace spheres although the ride is still good from the rear? They are not cheap so maybe would wait once really need replacement? Unfortunately I don't have evidence on when and if they have been previously replaced.
The car is on 38K miles
thanks!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts