Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CD does not have any circuit diagram showing the signal to the speedometer. My speedo is not functioning so I am assuming it is not getting any feed. Does this feed come from one of the wheel speed sensors via the ABS module? Does anyone have the circuit diagram?
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know exact answer, but I could guess, that if ABS lamp is not glowing while ride then ABS sensors are OK.

In older SZ cars signal for speedometer is provided by ABS module, but I cannot guarantee, that in Arnage it is still true.

Is DIP (middle section of the instrument cluster) working without problems in your car? Signal for speedometer in older SZ cars is connected to speedometer through DIP. Speedometer is often not working if there are problems with DIP.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What is DIP?
Display Information Panel - The middle section of instrument cluster. It is quite complicated electronic/computer device.
There, when engine is running and everything is ok:

Or, when engine is stopped, and there are serious leaks in hydraulics and/or pressure accumulators are bad ;) :

Photos made in garage. In light of day it is pretty dark.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks szdowk. My DIP is functioning normally and I do not have the ABS warning on after startup. I did replace all 4 wheel sensors during refurbishment. I would like to find the wiring diagram for the speedo input if anyone has one.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Display Information Panel - The middle section of instrument cluster. It is quite complicated electronic/computer device.
It's not that complicated, this is a new Skoda :)

Take a look at the diff to see if there's an electronic pickup there. Do you have access to a scan tool? Speed sensors should be readable through many OBD2 scanners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts