Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,860 Posts
Depending on the year, they may be NLA. I was able to get a key for my Arnage T which is the switchblade type key. If you're not able to get one, i suggest getting a full lock set from a dismantler and having the key programmed.

· Registered
101 Posts
Just a note, I was able to order a key on Friday from Bentley. That is correct that Master Keys are no longer available at this time, however Valet keys are. The dealer did ask "who's programming it for you", which I found interesting since forking out close to $1000 for the key! They won't program a key for any car older than 10 years...you know around the age when you would likely need to buy a key. I'm planning to take it to Palma Classics for their assistance but they indicated they would need the 4 digit immobilizer code that I would need to get from Bentley.

Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

· Registered
101 Posts
That's a generous offer, but I'm out of PA...could be a nice road trip!!

Forgive my ignorance, but from what I can gather, buying a new key is just a cut key based on your VIN. What exactly are we programming? Is this the process of getting the lock/unlock fob buttons to trigger the locks and arm/disarm the alarm? So if the car is unlocked, the key should be able to start the car, but can't do anything regarding locking/unlocking until programmed?

Just picked up a 2009 (thanks @alabbasi) after selling my Conti R, so adjusting to more "electronic talk".

· Registered
1,860 Posts
The arnage uses the same alarm module as the Continental , except it's located under the back seat. It has a different module for the immobilizer . You'll need the a scan tool to program them and all the keys need to be programmed at the same time

· Registered
101 Posts
Just thought I would share my followup experience with the Bentley dealer. So I picked up the key for my 2009 Arnage and asked to confirm there is no way they would program that key (I'm planning on taking to Palma anyway). They confirmed again that they won't service anything older than 10 years. I said OK, but could you assist in getting me the immobilizer code as well as a radio code. He even went to his manager as this is merely a request ticket to Bentley according to him. They had no interest in that either. I felt bad for the parts guy and I know he did what he could. The fun of the cars and the car business is solving problems, especially on older cars. It was definitely one of the stranger dealership experiences I had.

More interesting is this dealership has Lambo, Aston, Rolls Royce, and more, but it's in this somewhat sketchy almost industrial looking area. Even the showroom felt kind of dreary and everyone looked miserable. The service waiting area was pretty grim (although I'm sure this exotic market isn't waiting for their cars). Just didn't anticipate that. Perhaps it's the state of the current car market, I don't know. I always looked forward to checking out that place and after all these years it was a bit of a letdown.

They did rave about John Palma and Albers indicating they were the "best out there"! In the end, I'm just hopeful I don't end up with a $1000 key chain!! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts