Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
From IETIS for the Seraph Arnage Era:

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Pattern

Valvoline MaxLife is one of many ATFs that are just fine and meet the specs that Castrol Transynd meets.

Brands don't matter, but meeting the specific lubrication spec (or specs, in the case of multi-vehicle formulations) is what matters.

And since I now have the VIN to use in IETIS it does appear that you have the GM 4L80E transmission (which is what I thought, but it's nice to have certainty).

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I have no idea why that table won't enlarge on click in the last post, so here it is as an attachment.

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I have no idea, but just do a web search on [Castrol Transmax spec sheet]. The product information/spec sheet for the Transmax fluid should give the specifications it meets.

I keep telling people, particularly over time, that you have to look to the lubricant specifications, not the specific brands or fluid names a given brand currently sells. If it meets (or exceeds) the two noted Allison specs (and their newer 668 spec exceeds both of the noted ones) and/or the Dexron III/Mercron spec, and is a full synthetic formulation you're good.

You are likely to have to go through this process again, at some point in the future, when what's on the market now is no longer on the market. It's an essential skill related to antique car ownership.

·
Registered
Arnage T MY 05
201 Posts
Additional information for GM trans here

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I am using Castrol Dexron Transmax which is the highest evolution Dexron III H / synthetic
If you have GM transmission 4 speed 4L80 E , this is in my opinion the best and latest you could put as after its directly Dexron VI

If you have a ZF trnasmission, Dexron III H will do it but you could and should upgrade

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
My go to vehicle for checking the correct ATF for my Bentley and Jaguars with the 4L80E is a 99 Suburban 2500. This is what's recommended. I don't think you can go wrong with genuine synthetic fluid at under $28/gallon

Camera accessory Gadget Material property Rectangle Font

1 - 13 of 13 Posts