Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Silver Shadow RHD, 2013 Nissan Leaf, 1986 Toyota RV, 2000 Nissan Frontier, 2006 Honda ST 1300,
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Gas prices have hit the roof and I don't see them coming down. Plus, LPG is way better for the environment. (Not great. Just better). Has anyone converted? I really want to do this for my 1970 Shadow. I see a lot of posts but no links for the products. Is anyone currently selling a conversion kit? Got links? LPG is 33% cheaper and probably 33% cleaner.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Give this alot of thought. How many miles per year do you drive with the RR? Now figure the cost per gallon and the potential savings "at the pump". What does the conversion cost? In the US an LPG car will not have much value to an RR enthusiast. Finding a shop that does first-class work on anything these days is a stretch....let alone a conversion. Personally, I see no benefit in a conversion. This idea has come up regularly in Europe and on Australian forums.

·
Registered
1970 Silver Shadow RHD, 2013 Nissan Leaf, 1986 Toyota RV, 2000 Nissan Frontier, 2006 Honda ST 1300,
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Wraithman . The LPG conversion would make the car bi-fuel. I believe the conversion would boost the value of the car. Given two same cars, one bi-fuel and the other strictly gas, of course the bi-fuel car is going to be more attractive and therefore more expensive. Everyone likes to save money.

Converting a car to run on LPG is quite easy. I just have to find the right parts. I drive the car 200 miles per week. It's my weekend driver. I live in Southern California where gas prices are the highest in the nation. I"ll save $1750 per year. A kit can be gotten on Ebay for $750. Plus I'm Green. I don't like that my car doesn't have a catalytic converter. My other car is 100% electric and I have solar panels on my roof so it's a wash.

LPG just makes complete sense for me. If I lived in Houston TX or St. Louis Missouri where gas is 33% less than what it is in CA, I probably wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m with Wraithman , the initial outlay will take some recovery
I love the ‘I’m green’ comment gringostar714 , 200 miles a weekend in a RR ! Greta would struggle with that analogy
Enjoy your fine motor car in moderation is my take on it !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts