Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am posed with a dilemma,

i just ordered all new shocks for my car, boge fronts and bilstein rears as i couldn't get boge rears from anybody, but as always i am not satisfied as it was all too easy. I am contemplating on selling these units in favor of fully adjustable custom made units. anyone want them? sold in pairs of course and cheap as well.

Is anyone else interested in adjustable shocks that fit exactly like rolls royce shocks but provide adjustment from full soft to very stiff?
I figured since we all want factory feel, this would be a great alternative, and the best part is that these shocks are fully rebuildable, meaning that it will be the last pair of shocks you will have to buy. also the valving inside can be changed to your needs, the pricing on one run of shocks is a high, but with a few sets ordered, the price goes down. if i can come up with a hand full of people willing to buy, i think we can have them for about the price of the factory units. payment would go directly to the company instead of me, and once all payments are received, they produce the units. this was just put in the works, so i'm just looking for a show of hands on this.

I also made door latch bearings in aluminum and a also a very durable plastic that would reduce wear on the cast piece attached to the body. price is also much lower than the factory units that are about 65 each.
any interest in those?

i also made a full brake conversion on my car that has worked out wonderfully for the last 1500 miles, it fits on the stock location and gets rid of all the factory hydraulics. runs on DOT3 or 4 stainless braided lines and can retain the hydraulic rear suspension. I used the most expensive company for the pars, XRP, but they can be had cheaper if you don't use stainless steel for all the parts. i know its not a purist thing but for those of you who want the reliability of new age brakes it works great. no more accumulators, valves, leaks etc . cost about 2000 with the lines for the rear height control and doesn't take a rocket scientist to install. I retained all the factory hard lines on the sub-frame in the front and back of the car so no zip ties and such other stuff, just niceness

what about cup-holders in the location of the old dial radio for those who have changed to a new radio up top? made that as well and cost is low. it is not factory woodgrain, but i made it out of mahogany and varnished it like my chris craft, looks pretty good overall and i love not having to hold drinks between my legs. working on a rear cup holder/tray that slides out of the rear arm rest as well if there is any interest.

i love making stuff so don't hesitate to give me some ideas.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What are you asking for the original shocks and how much for the replacements? Contact me privately if you wish.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Brake Mod

Hello,

I find your brake conversion very interesting. Could you please tell us more about the conversion? Was it a complete kit? How long did it took to do the conversion?

Patrick

Hi All,

I am posed with a dilemma,

i just ordered all new shocks for my car, boge fronts and bilstein rears as i couldn't get boge rears from anybody, but as always i am not satisfied as it was all too easy. I am contemplating on selling these units in favor of fully adjustable custom made units. anyone want them? sold in pairs of course and cheap as well.

Is anyone else interested in adjustable shocks that fit exactly like rolls royce shocks but provide adjustment from full soft to very stiff?
I figured since we all want factory feel, this would be a great alternative, and the best part is that these shocks are fully rebuildable, meaning that it will be the last pair of shocks you will have to buy. also the valving inside can be changed to your needs, the pricing on one run of shocks is a high, but with a few sets ordered, the price goes down. if i can come up with a hand full of people willing to buy, i think we can have them for about the price of the factory units. payment would go directly to the company instead of me, and once all payments are received, they produce the units. this was just put in the works, so i'm just looking for a show of hands on this.

I also made door latch bearings in aluminum and a also a very durable plastic that would reduce wear on the cast piece attached to the body. price is also much lower than the factory units that are about 65 each.
any interest in those?

i also made a full brake conversion on my car that has worked out wonderfully for the last 1500 miles, it fits on the stock location and gets rid of all the factory hydraulics. runs on DOT3 or 4 stainless braided lines and can retain the hydraulic rear suspension. I used the most expensive company for the pars, XRP, but they can be had cheaper if you don't use stainless steel for all the parts. i know its not a purist thing but for those of you who want the reliability of new age brakes it works great. no more accumulators, valves, leaks etc . cost about 2000 with the lines for the rear height control and doesn't take a rocket scientist to install. I retained all the factory hard lines on the sub-frame in the front and back of the car so no zip ties and such other stuff, just niceness

what about cup-holders in the location of the old dial radio for those who have changed to a new radio up top? made that as well and cost is low. it is not factory woodgrain, but i made it out of mahogany and varnished it like my chris craft, looks pretty good overall and i love not having to hold drinks between my legs. working on a rear cup holder/tray that slides out of the rear arm rest as well if there is any interest.

i love making stuff so don't hesitate to give me some ideas.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm Interested in all of it except the boges and billstiens as mine are all brand new, lets see some of this, any website or pictures of what this stuff is?

Jon

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I would be interested to know how the brakes and rear suspension hydraulics work without the pressure from the accumulators, is there a belt driven pump involved instead?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts