Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my Father's car, and he recently passed. We really would like this thing to go to a nice home. Absolutely beautiful car. I have a huge file including original build sheet. This was some of the information I gathered.

Chassis # B3HP
Engine # B127H
Body # B003488

After World War II Rolls Royce resumed car production with the Bentley Mark VI departing from the custom coach bodies of the pr-war era. Debuting in 1946, the mark VI was the first post war Bentley automobile of Rolls Royce design and represented a complete break from the past, as it was designed and built as a complete car with standardized pressed-steel coach work in a style reminiscent of the Park Ward-bodied Mark V of the late 1930s.

Purchased new by Colonel JE Alcock of Salisbury England, the former long-term owner and member of the Rolls-Royce enthusiast club has traced B3 HPs stewardship history over the last 63 years. This particular saloon has been cautiously preserved and much of the trim/bright work and lamps remain untouched and highly original including the undercarriage. B3HP wears very original silver paint work over the beautiful burgundy leather hides and upholstry throughout the cabin. The unique features on this car are testament to the luxury and exclusivity it provided when sold new. Rear foot rest pull out ashtrays from the armrest, picnic tray tables, deluxe clock radio, sunroof and rear vanity mirror are amongst the many.

The Bentley received its current upholstery quite recently along with a complete mechanical overhaul and engine detailing. The cabin seating was trimmed in fine leather with new carpeting. Select areas of the original leather and all woodwork were conserved. As expected with age, the exterior paint finish does exhibit floors and blemishes in areas, but overall the body and chassis are very straight and display a great patina throughout. A full set of exterior rubbers and seals a company, should the new owner decide to repaint.

The motor is incredibly reliable and quiet, while the transmission effortlessly shifts through all of its gears, this wonderful saloon certainly offers a pleasant driving experience. Notable accessories include center mounted driving lamp, signal lamps, air pump, grease gun, servicing handbook, workshop manuals, knock off spanner, jack and spare assembly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
AJ,
Welcome and I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing. The answer is yes, there is certainly a market for any Mark VI and yours sounds like a nice one. That said, these appeal to a smaller market than many cars but they have value.

You can go two routes for sale. There are some dealers in the US who deal in these cars I think on both a purchase and consignment basis. You can look through e-bay to perhaps find some similar offerings (candidly, there won't be many). If you list it for sale yourself, there are publications (including online) like Hemmings Motor News, auction sites like e-bay and Bring-a-Trailer (bringatrailer.com), auction companies (RM Sotheby, Bonhams, Gooding & Co., Worldwide) and clubs, most likely the Rolls-Royce Owners Club (rroc.org). That may cost a few dollars to join but you will be reaching a highly targeted audience. You might want to start scrolling through the past sales on Bring-a-Trailer to see what Mark VI's have sold for.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AJ,
Welcome and I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing. The answer is yes, there is certainly a market for any Mark VI and yours sounds like a nice one. That said, these appeal to a smaller market than many cars but they have value.

You can go two routes for sale. There are some dealers in the US who deal in these cars I think on both a purchase and consignment basis. You can look through e-bay to perhaps find some similar offerings (candidly, there won't be many). If you list it for sale yourself, there are publications (including online) like Hemmings Motor News, auction sites like e-bay and Bring-a-Trailer (bringatrailer.com), auction companies (RM Sotheby, Bonhams, Gooding & Co., Worldwide) and clubs, most likely the Rolls-Royce Owners Club (rroc.org). That may cost a few dollars to join but you will be reaching a highly targeted audience. You might want to start scrolling through the past sales on Bring-a-Trailer to see what Mark VI's have sold for.
Good luck.
Thank you for your response! Very helpful information!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts