Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like several minor issues are cropping up all at once. The alarm siren is going off every time I lock the car using the key fob remote or if I use the key in the passenger side front door. It began a couple of weeks ago and was very intermittent. Today it started happening each and every time I used the remote or used the key in the front passenger door. Any ideas about the cause and solution??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The problem became increasingly worse over the weekend and yesterday the alarm siren began sounding while my wife was driving the car. When she brought it home and I was able to take a look at it, I noticed that the interior lights were very dim when the engine was not running. I tested the battery and it appeared to be weak so I removed it and went to the auto parts store. They checked the battery and found that it had a dead cell. So, I bought a new battery, installed it, and the alarm issue is resolved.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yeah, I had the same problem with my '07, although in my case it would go off in the middle of the night. Because the car has a separate starting battery you don't always recognise when the main one is on the way out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I too had the problem of the alarm going off in the middle of the night and on all sorts of random occasions.

Apart from the two main batteries there is a small ncd battery hard wired into the alarm units circuit board. When this starts to fail then the alarm starts to sound. It is there to prevent anyone isolating the two main batteries to disengage the alarm system.

A skilled electronics techie could replace the battery but for most of us it means a whole new unit at about £2-300

Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too had the problem of the alarm going off in the middle of the night and on all sorts of random occasions.

Apart from the two main batteries there is a small ncd battery hard wired into the alarm units circuit board. When this starts to fail then the alarm starts to sound. It is there to prevent anyone isolating the two main batteries to disengage the alarm system.

A skilled electronics techie could replace the battery but for most of us it means a whole new unit at about £2-300

Paul
Hello Paul,

I too am having this issue with my 2001 Arnage, Can you tell me where the Alarm Unit is so I can try to replace this ncd battery?

thanks for your help
Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts