Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
121 Posts
And did you get more info on where to get the condenser from? I'm interested in replacing mine with one similar to the new one purchased in this thread but have been unable to find the exact one you used.
Yes, that would have been useful if the OP had put measurements of the condenser/ where to buy, but theres no details.
I have not got onto mine yet, so i can't share any further details. I am sure this info will be very valuable to other owners who will no doubt be in the same postion as us.

·
Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
121 Posts
I fear summer will be over by the time i get around to replacing mine. so any help to speed up the process may mean i get to enjoy the A/C this year, rather than next?

·
Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
121 Posts
well, i just did 400 miles lats week in the car. Probably the longest trip it will have this year. Very enjoyable drive, but could have been improved by not having the windows open at motorway speeds.
Hey ho. Theres always next year i suppose.

·
Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
121 Posts
I still haven’t done this job yet.
last year I used the car once.
I am starting to look at options again this year.

·
Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
121 Posts
if anyone had found a good off the shelf option in the meantime, I would be very interested.
I just bought a new Condenser for my Range Rover, ready to fit this week. £65 delivered. It’s hard to believe there are not more options for these RR/B out there.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The basic core can be sized. The in/out tubes are sweated to the core to fit RR placement and hose routing. Have the condenser pressure tested for leaks. Most leaks can be brazed.

·
Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
121 Posts
Indeed. I don’t doubt repairs can be made. I have considered that option. But how long before another hole appears? It’s a gamble. I might go that route, but....
If brand new metal was available at not crazy money, I would favour that option.
it’s not worth the cost to me what flying Spares charge for their new one, as I use the car so seldom.

·
Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
121 Posts
There is a custom A/C shop an hour away. They provisionally mentioned £350 ish to make one up. It’s still pricey but a better option.
I was hoping for the convenience of an off the shelf part ideally.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have been looking at this too - I strongly suspect I have a leak in mine. When I chatted to John at Bowling Engineering he was buying up a few different ones to try and find a match but he’s been mad busy so I doubt much progress has been made!

·
Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
121 Posts
The 91 model version is different to the late 95-97 models though.
but if someone out there can make them up off the shelf for a 97, I am interested.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts