Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning society. I am actually OK with the original audio as someone already added this silvery amplifier.
My car has a cassette deck as well that does not work. I ant insert a cassette. It doesn't click in nor start up. It. Might be an easy repair but I would much rather use the cassette input to the radio for a hidden Bluetooth module.
I read about this switch that turns radio off and cassette on.
Do you think I can use a Bluetooth module to tell the radio hey the cassette is playing now..?
Thnx

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Here are the wiring diagrams as well as the owner's manual and hang-tag for the Blaupunkt Frankfurt unit that came from the factory for the SW-II series. My 1979 has an 8-Track tape player, not a cassette. Perhaps you can figure out something from that.

I do know that there is a switching mechanism that causes the feed from the tape player to be fed to the head unit, and when that feed is live that's what gets output. I can't imagine that trick could not be used with a Bluetooth receiver that you could turn on/off at will.

By the way, if you undertake doing this, please make a point of documenting the process and posting a "how to" for others after you're done. This is certain to be something others will wish to do.

Rectangle Magenta Font Paper Paper product

Attachments

Reactions: MonsterBabyBLN

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
There is a circuit board that is the hub for the entertainment gear. The default is radio, so when a tape is inserted it will switch the speakers to the unit. NOTE: the speakers in the car share a common ground and interfacing with modern units require a completely separate path for chassis earth..in other words, speaker grounds cannot be chassis grounded like they are in the RR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts