Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I got a new AC compressor to replace my leaking and burned out old R12 compressor. My AC guy is now asking me to also get the reservoir for him as well as the required conversion valves for the lines. Anyone know somewhere I can get these in the states and the part numbers?

Thanks getting this resolved just as it cools down.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Does he mean the filter /dryer?? And I would have thought your A/c guy could get the conversion adapters quite easy probably from where he buys his gas etc-there cheap as chips a few bucks each.
if in doubt look on eBay/ google etc under r12 to r134 converter.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The receiver size and fittings have to be matched, that's all. The condenser has to be flushed with solvent as well. Four Seasons has a giant catalog of parts.
On a serious note, I would not go further with your repair with this guy if he is asking you to source your own parts. That is not what you came to him for and if you get the wrong parts or his ineptitude fails to fix your problem, he will blame it on you and cause you misery and expense.
The system is a traditional A/C system.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Gentlemen,

Not to criticize useful information, but it is worth noting the last post date on topics being replied to.

The probability of an original poster, with a total post count of 61, that last posted to their own topic just short of 4 years ago even being around is quite small.

See: necroposting, [1], [2], [3].

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ha ha. That’s a very good point I never looked at the date just that it was highlighted in the forum so assumed it was a current article

1 - 6 of 6 Posts