Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of converting the AC unit in my 1989 Bentley Turbo from R12 to R134. I need to change the Dryer and unfortunately the original Dryer is somewhat unusual. The overall dimensions are (diam. 79.75) (ht. 170mm). The unusual feature are the three mounting tabs on the side of the unit. The inlet and outlet are (15.70mm). My options appear to be (1 go to the dealer where the price very high if available; 2) purchase an after market unit with the approximate dimensions of the original and jerry-rig the mounting tabs. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Tom Greasel

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Check: 4Seasons Four Seasons | eCatalog . All the A/C components in my RR 1980 were sourced from GM at the time and supplies are abundant.
Therefore the parts can be traced to original suppliers. I use 4Seasons for parts or original GM et al.
Keep the dryer capped until use.
Vac the system and check for 30 min of hold.
I would also recommend a solvent flush for the lines, front condenser and evaporator. Your THX valve may have to be re-calibrated for a lower pressure or it may freeze.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I recently bought a new receiver dryer for my 90 Turbo R from IntoCar UK for 115 GBP plus shipping to North America. 115 GBP is roughly 150 USD

Paul LeClair

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is quite available part. Just google or check ebay for part number 31-1007 Receiver Drier Rolls Royce Silver Spirit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts