Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Found the problem of too rich, the jet of bank A carburetor is stuck at the "rich" position,while the bank B's jet is ok.

Took out the carburetor, clean the jet, and now it can move freely.

I also tried to do the balancing using the uni syn balancer. But the red float indicator will move all the way up to the top when the balancer is attached to either of the intake of the 2 carburetor. How can I tell the difference then?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
Balancing the airflow

Get hold of a piece of tubing.
stick one end at the carb orifice and the other to your ear, you will be able to detect a difference in the air flow with this, then simply back off the side which is running faster, hey presto carbs balanced, been using this method for years nor let me down yet

best of luck

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
Read the instructions that came with the Uni-Syn. The adjusting ring in the centre with the nubs on it needs to be turned counter clockwise as required to centre the red indicator in the tube.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
New to this uni-syn. Thanks for the info.

Read the instructions that came with the Uni-Syn. The adjusting ring in the centre with the nubs on it needs to be turned counter clockwise as required to centre the red indicator in the tube.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Update: the stuck jet fixed, but I could not get the pure blue with the colortune, I can get orange/yellow flame for sure, but the best I can get is the yellow blue mixture(even with adjust screw all the way out), like the center of the glass window of colortune is yellow, and the rim of the window is blue, is this telling something? Still too rich?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update: the stuck jet fixed, but I could not get the pure blue with the colortune, I can get orange/yellow flame for sure, but the best I can get is the yellow blue mixture(even with adjust screw all the way out), like the center of the glass window of colortune is yellow, and the rim of the window is blue, is this telling something? Still too rich?

Thanks
Hi did you get this fixed

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Unisyn for setting carbs on a RR carb setup. Show me how this fits against the outside of the carb/s and I'll use mine Last used mine when I had my XKE's.
Use the balance gauges from BTW.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts