Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a bit quiet around here, so I thought I'd chance a non-RR/B-related post.

With all the snow lately my poor Bentley has been stuck in the driveway -- so I've gone out a bought an old Land Rover. It has certainly been an eye-opener:

1) The entire wiring diagram fits on half a page, and has 46 numbered items on it. (And everything is numbered.)

2) Windscreen washers? You must be kidding; if it gets muddy, fold it down.

3) Parts. How about a chassis bushing for £0.74? Or a bump-stop for £2.64? A main bearing set for £4.99? A complete exhaust for £55.

4) Climate control? Well, no, but an option was a heater in the footbox with a hand-tap under the bonnet.

Anyway, a highly-recommended diversion.

Jeff.

·
Registered
235 Posts
A car to use aside .....

hey Jeff, that sounds really nice. In particular the parts-prices :wink:

I drove a Laro 88 in the army; that was in 1983 (so long ago).

For aside the Rolls i use some old taxfree Volvo's 164 and 142 all LPG-converted. When there's a problem i take another one Volvo and fix the problem when i have the time for it. Easy cars to work on 8)

:arrow:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: A car to use aside .....

Hemmo said:
In particular the parts-prices :wink:
He he, yeah, only trouble is I keep getting tempted to order extras. After getting parts for the Bentley, the LR parts just look like they're "free" to me. ;)

Jeff.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Parts prices

Yeah, i know what you mean. But watching the EBAY.UK site regularly can help a lot.

I recently scored a rear bumper right corner for "only 150 Euro". The seller even told me i am lucky. He received already a telephone offer for 250 Euro :roll:

This Dutchman is preparing his Shadow for a race somewhere in UK in june :?:

Hemmo

:arrow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts