Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I wanted to stop by and ask you guys a few questions about Rolls Royce cars, from a complete newbie perspective. To clarify, my questions are in regards to new cars in this instance, not used. So I will have the factory warranty and I'll definitely get the extended warranty.

1. Should I buy a Ghost if I'm more interested in driving the car, than being driven by someone else? As an auto enthusiast, I want to drive the car. Riding around in the back seat just doesn't appeal to me. Knowing that, is a Ghost a better choice for me than the Phantom?

2. Anyone here have the convertible? If so, would you say it has some pretty notable disadvantages vs a smaller, lighter more nimble convertible car? Any drawbacks or disadvantages?

3. Do you ever have problems with people trying to mess with your car? As I'm sure you're aware, this can be a problem when you have something nice that someone else doesn't have. Just wanted to see how big of a concern this really is. I'd like to park the car outside sometimes and eat at my favorite restaurants. I won't leave it outside all the time of course, and I definitely won't be taking it to walmart and the like. But there will be times when I want to let the car out of my sight, (in decent places) with nobody watching over it. Any thoughts on this? Is it a bad idea to take your Rolls to the grocery store, even if it's a nice grocery store?

Thanks!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm assuming that you are referring to the BMW Rolls Royce's and not an original ghost.

Stay away from them, lots of post here of electrical gremlins in the secondary systems that can't be repaired at home.
It has to be taken to a RR dealer, don't forget your wheel barrel full of money.

A used RR is never a "turn key" car, what you think may be a good deal on a car that cost a 1/4 of a million dollars, isn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts