Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new here. I owned my 1999 Silver Seraph for 17 years. I drive it for pleasure only about 900 - 1200 miles per year. It always ran fine. I parked in my garage for about 8 months. Came back recharged both batteries with my quick charge booster as I always do and started the car. It started fine. I pulled it out of garage to wash it and turned key to off position. Engine stayed on. I pulled they key out of ignition and engine stayed on. I put key back in and turned to to start for 1-2 seconds and back to off. Engine stayed running. Pulled key out again. Engine still running. I removed both red positive wires from both batteries and engine stayed on. I pushed gas pedal while red wires were disconnected and car finally turned off. The only thing I did different this year is I started the car while both battery chargers/boosters were connected to batteries.
I left the car out over night. Next day I started the car without battery boosters and same thing. Engine will not turn off. The only way to turn it off is disconnecting both batteries and waiting 2-4 minutes the push gas pedal.
Does anyone have any idea to help me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just guessing: could be failure of some internal part of the ignition key lock. You may try applying spray into the lock and then moving the key with some controlled force into various directions to free up the part that got it stuck in running mode ....

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
This is probably the ridiculous / stupid plastic switch box coupler which is used, broken, damaged...

Usually you cannot start the car suddenly, at the worst moment.

Check for this part, in any case, I strongly suggest you change yours even if its not that and keep one in the boot as they are known for barking in embarassing situation..

Check is this is correspnding to your car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts