Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Seraph 75.000 miles in fair condition for sale. I drove this car rather than let it be a garage queen. If you want I will even include a web site if you wish to start a chauffeur service. www.spiritofex.com If you want to start the service I could even give you a deal on the 79 ( with extra parts car ) also.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was trying to set up a service, starting during the Olympics because they relaxed the rules a bit for licensing for limos during them . Still considering it but for BC, not Ontario. Wonder how much different set up is in BC?

·
Administrator
452 Posts
Rolls-Royce Limousine serivce in Ontario

Woody, for a couple years now I've had this vague notion that someday I would like to get into this business. Wish I had thought of it while my dad was still around, he would have been a terrific chauffeur.

Anyway, I'm curious as to why you want to exit the chauffeur service business. Are you able to share your reason(s) with us?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the 79 as a classic car for my self but did a friends wedding and it was fun. I was then in an airplane accident and was unable to walk for awhile and I was bored one night and placed a bid on the seraph on ebay figuring someone would outbid me. Wrong. I started the business to pay for it. I had a good time met a lot of people and it was breaking even. I wanted something that would make money. Windsor has the highest unemployment in Canada. Perks like a chaufeurred Rolls were removed. Maybe a different location would be better. I'm retired so I want to enjoy my life without worrying about a job. I may do the odd job for friends in the 79.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remember this is not a Limo service. It's a chauffeur service. Rules and regulations may be different for using a proper motorcar. If you buy it in Vancover I will drive it out there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
woody said:
Remember this is not a Limo service. It's a chauffeur service. Rules and regulations may be different for using a proper motorcar. If you buy it in Vancover I will drive it out there.
I'm pretty sure in BC you need to have the car licensed as a "limo". Part of that licensing process is having a committee review your business plan and vote on license approval. It was a little complicated. I don't have time to do more than one or two weddings a week. Vancouver has the large film and television production industry--so would see if could get chauffeur work within that industry. One of the reasons besides liking them want a Seraph. More modern could be a current model!

But think another Spur and then Shadow is a better choice for weddings to start with. I'm going to speak with a family friend who was a private chauffeur for the retired pres of a brokerage firm in Van. Maybe get them involved he looks for things to make side cash all the time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I originally started looking for a Rolls Royce. Met a RROC club member who gave me the name of a dealer in Toronto. He (owner of dealership) was rather old so not sure if still around. Anyway, he buys Rolls Royce and Bentleys all years--Vinko Motors. He showed me a couple RR/B's--had several Clouds, two Camargue, several Shadows and Corniche's including hard tops to Spurs and Turbo R. So might be interested in your car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But think another Spur and then Shadow is a better choice for weddings to start with.

It is hard to guess what the public wants. For awhile it was the girls wanting the classic and then it was the more modern car. I gave up guessing and offered both.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
koenig said:
I actually wish purchased a Shadow II first. I'm just looking for a way help maintain multiples.
Thats why I got in the chauffeur business. Business tax breaks and deductions helped a lot. After years of being an unpaid chauffeur for my kids I decided to turn pro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts